(transcript of the original by
© Joop Giesendanner, the Netherlands
Anno 1740 (top of the page)
8. Thomas Joyner and Faithy Carse in Amelia:
9. Joseph Ratford and Eugenia Carse - :
Lewis Montier and N.N. Biddys. :
Joseph Greiter und Susanna Shulerin.: -
Mathias Keller und Maria Handshij.:
Heinrich Rickenbacher und Anna Diel:
Jacob Wannenmacher und Susanna Shulerin.:
|translation by Joop:||copy of A.S. Salley book|
Appears in the list: maryed by me under nr:
49. Thomas Joyner....To Faithy Carse.
50. Joseph Ratford...To Eugenia Carse.
51. Lewis Montier...To M Biddys.
44. Joseph Kreuter...To Susannah Shuler.
52. Matthias Keller...To Mary Handshy.
35. Henry Rickenbacher....To Ann Diel.
Joyner and Faithy Carse In Amelia.
9. Joseph Ratford and Eugenia Carse In Amelia.
10. Lewis Montier, and N.N.
11. Joseph Greiter to Susanna Shuler.
12. Mathias Keller to Maria Handshy.
13. Henry Rickenbacker to Anna Diel.
14. Jacob Wannamaker to Susan Shuler
These entries seem to be of later date, much better readable than the rest of the page, (looks like a summary of marriages); The Joyner/Carse marriage is on the Joyner sheet: 3 Feb 1740?; The Ratford/Carse marriage, could this have been a double wedding? 3 Feb 1740?; I think there is no "proof" for 3 Feb in any of these records, but a 'guess' was made, based on the previous marriage on this page.; Whether all these marriages took place in 1740 is very doubtful to me, based on the fact that some families start to have children; 10 years later, which is not impossible but, for sure, seldom, however it is the only year we can find on this page, for that reason they are all under: circa 1740.; In the list "maryed by me" (under nr 6) we can find Jacob Wannenmacher x Catharina Shuler, but not Susan Shuler; The Wannamaker sheet: Jacob x Susanna = 3 Feb 1740 (see comment above); Jacob x (Anna) Catharina = Dec 1740; The Greiter name seems to have changed to Kreuter; It seems like all English oriented names/months are in blockletters